The Art and Science of QRP
NEW 4th Edition
by Richard Arland, K7SZ
The fourth edition of ARRL Low Power Communication is your guidebook to the fascinating world of low power QRP operating. This book promises that "Just a Little RF Power Goes a Long Way" and it shows that with only 5 W or less (sometimes much less) you can enjoy conversations over hundreds and even thousands of miles. Ask any QRPer, and they'll tell you that less really is more and with a handful of parts, you can build a radio and put it on the air. ARRL Low Power Communication provides the resources you need for getting started and the latest information on advanced QRP techniques. There are guides to kit building, chasing DX, building antennas, propagation theory and much more. For the beginner there are "Tips to Get You Started the Right Way", "An introduction to QRP operating" and FAQs for Beginners. There are many tips that even experienced amateurs will appreciate and ARRL Low Power Communication provides a great guide to getting the most out of QRP radio.
* Equipment and Station Accessories - commercial gear, kit-building and home-brew including an all-new homebrew photo gallery.
* Antennas for QRP - Updated and Expanded! Wire beams, loops, dipoles, portable antennas and a look at the author's new stealth antenna design.
* Operating Strategies - operating techniques, awards, and contesting
* Emergency Communication - training, planning and other factors
* NEW! HF Propagation for the QPRer An authoritative look at likely propagation conditions for Solar Cycle 24.
ISBN: 9780 8725 9582 8 Size 183x227mm, 320 pages